Friday, July 13, 2018

Lima, Peru

Only two pictured here...but cats ran around everywhere in this square! This was the only place I really found an abundance of cats. South America has an unbelievable amount of dogs that roam the streets.


Everyone's American favorite: Starbucks. I restrained and drank local coffee in both Peru and Colombia.

The beach was close by, but it's winter on the southern hemisphere, so most days in Lima looked like this: gray and foggy. 


 Loved all the colors and murals everywhere in Lima. 




Enjoyed the occasional Pisco Sour: Peru's official drink.

South America is big on potatoes. Most meals I ate seemed to have potatoes factored in somehow. 


A TV reporter and photographer interviewing someone after Peru beat Scotland in soccer. Soccer is a lifestyle down there: especially currently in the world cup! 

This was my favorite meal in Lima. Rice, meat, cilantro/onions, a fried plantain, and a fried egg. 

Overall, Lima was mostly a "layover" city for me - I didn't spend a whole lot of quality time there. I was never there for more than two days at a time. Both times I was in Lima, I stayed in the Miraflores neighborhood: once in an Airbnb, and once in a low-end hotel. It's a safe, family-friendly spot about 30-40 minutes from the airport. I think it would be a lot nicer weather-wise in their summer. It was misty and grey while I was there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment