Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Chicago, Illinois









Backtracking a bit. Somehow I missed this NYE post! 
To ring 2016 in, my best friend Sam asked if I could come to Chicago with her and her boyfriend Dylan. At the time, I had to work, so I told her no-can-do. About a week later, the schedule was changed and I happened to have NYE and New Years Day off. I told Dylan, and so we began our secret planning for the three of us to reunite in Chicago! 
We were sure Sam knew, but when I got up the stairs to his apartment, he asked Sam to go outside and get the rest of the groceries. When she saw me instead of the groceries, we knew she had been legitimately surprised. It was AWESOME! Sneakiest thing we've ever done! 
This was probably the shortest trip I've ever taken anywhere -- I had almost exactly 24 hours in Chicago before I had to catch a plane back to Billings.
We managed to eat deep dish Chicago pizza, take touristy pictures by the Bean, and attend a New Years Eve gala in at Navy Pier. The next day, we binge watched a Netflix series and cooked shrimp and steak. Yum-o.
Short but sweet! Until next time, Chi-town. 

No comments:

Post a Comment