Saturday, September 28, 2013

music mudtown and modern media

Last weekend I attended Atlanta's music festival, Music Midtown (or "Mudtown", as people coined it this year). It put a new meaning to "rain or shine" since the torrential downpour wasn't enough to stop the festivities.  We'll just say my new rain jacket came in handy! My style column Tuesday was based on the rain gear I found at the festival; I snapped the photos in the one-hour window between the rain stopping and the sun setting. See those photos below and on Georgia State Signal: http://georgiastatesignal.com/leahs-school-of-style-music-midtown/
On Wednesday my grandparents from Ohio stopped by my apartment along with my parents and brother for a BBQ dinner. It was so nice getting a break from studying to spend time with family. The school week went by quickly and the weekend has mostly consisted of attending the Modern Media Conference. It's been two days of panels from speakers of all types–teachers, anchors, reporters and editors. Last night a few of us from The Signal staff went to a Braves game where they won and we got to watch a huge fireworks show. It's been an inspirational, informational and exhausting weekend so far!





No comments:

Post a Comment